Dysmenorrhea (painful periods) is a medical condition of pain during menstrual period.Discomfort during menstrual periods can range from slightly annoying to agonizing.
For many women, symptoms may be:
- low back pain,
- aching legs,
- a heavy feeling in the abdomen
- pelvis, digestive upsets,
- and emotional stress and can ruin several days each month.
Primary dysmenorrhea tends to occur in younger women, a few years after menarche and before a regular pattern of ovulation.
Factors that can cause primary dysmenorrhea are:
- Excess weight.
- Alcohol consumption.
- Sedentary lifestyle and stress.
- Lack of regular physical exercise.
Secondary dysmenorrhea occurs years after menarche, and interrupt...Read More