Constipation is one of the most common gastrointestinal complaints. Almost everyone experiences constipation at some point in his life. Women are more frequently affected by it, and children more than adults.
Constipation is usually defined as hard and dry stools with fewer than three bowel movements per week. Severe constipation is defined as less than one bowel movement per week.
Not enough fluids and fiber in diet
Lack of excercises
Specific illnesses e.g Stroke/paralysis
Problems with the colon and rectum
Some medications e.g iron supplements
Hormonal changes, as pregnancy or underactive TSH
Changes in living and diet can alleviate the symptoms of chronic constipation...
Constipation tagged posts
Constipation is usually caused by a disorder of bowel function rather than a structural problem. Common causes of constipation include:
- Inadequate water intake
- Inadequate fiber in the diet
- A disruption of regular diet or routine; traveling
- Inadequate activity or exercise or immobility
- Eating large amounts of dairy products
- your doctor may perform to diagnose the cause of your constipation include:
- Blood tests if a...